Back in September I posted a list of quality zombie films that were available to watch instantly on Netflix. I took an updated look through their archives and have come up with a new list for those of you who like zombies, but don’t like movies that suck. It’s a hard road for you, my friend, and I’m here to help.
1. Pontypool – Super awesome movie with a pretty original twist on a zombie outbreak. If you’re looking for super gore, this isn’t the film. But if you’re looking for suspense, intensity, and good acting watch this movie!
2. The Signal – This is another different kind of zombie movie. If you’re a purist zombie-snob you probably won’t consider it a zombie movie at all. Well, fuck you. It’s got all the best elements of zombie paranoia and it’s packed with action, intensity, and humor.
3. Rammbock – A German film that features a man sleeping in a bear costume for no apparent reason. If that’s not reason enough to watch, it’s also a really good movie about two strangers stuck in an apartment together while the world goes zombie.
4. Helldriver – Super wacky Japanese action explosion. See! a zombie construct a working automobile out of other stray zombie limbs! See! a woman with no heart wield a chainsaw samurai blade! See! a zombie use a fetus and umbilical cord like an undead mace! See! a car engage in a sword fight!
5. Zombie Women of Satan – The title begs you to have low expectations, but this is actually a really funny and entertaining movie. With boobs! Just leave your sense of decency at the door for an hour and a half.
6. Survival of the Dead – George Romero’s most recent addition to the genre. While not a great film, certainly worth a watch.
7. Primal – Another quasi-zombie film. Starts out like a worn-out cliche (4 college kids goes off the beaten path during their vacation), but ends up being a pretty fun romp.
8. Quarantine 2: Terminal – Out of the apartment and into an airport, survivors try to stay alive in the face of super-rabies. Nowhere near as good as the original (or the real original, [REC]), but still a pretty good watch.
9. Blood Creek – Oh, those wacky Nazis. Always creating occult- related mischief. Blood Creek features next year’s new Superman, Henry Cavill, Prison Break’s Dominic Purcell, and Young Magneto, Michael Fassbender.
10. Last of the Living – Three slackers ride out the zombie apocalypse in various unoccupied mansions until they stumble on a potential zombie cure. Funny enough to give it a shot on a rainy afternoon.
No longer streaming: Zombies of Mass Destruction, Boy Eats Girl,